Even the most enthusiastic yogini can get lured into the frenetic pace of this season, and end up totally stressed out.
My Remedy is this series of relaxing poses:
Doing it loosens tension in your neck, shoulders, back, hips, and thighs, and allows you to focus entirely on your own soothing breath. Allowing the world to melt away like that is just about the finest present you can give to yourself.
- Sit tall with legs opened wide and toes pointing up. Breathe in and lift arms (keep shoulders down).
- Breathe out and side-bend over left leg. Stay for 1 breath, and then lift back up on an inhale, arms raised.
- Breathe out and side-bend over right leg. Stay for 1 breath, and then lift back up again on an inhale, arms raised.
- Exhale and fold up forward, hold for 3 breaths. Inhale as you return to sitting tall with arms raised.
- Lower arms, bend knees, and bring feet jointly to form a diamond. Exhale as you around forward and down, stay for 8–10 slow, deep breaths, then inhale as you slowly round back up.