Health & Fitness Tips: If your school-age child has Asthma, school educators and staff should know the specifics, in case of an emergency. Parents should consider an action Asthma Plan for school.
The plan should include:
- A short explanation of your child's history of asthma.
- Symptoms to watch for.
- Contact information for doctors, nurses, parents and/or guardians.
- A list of the child's Asthma Triggers.
- The child's best peak flow reading.
- A list of medications, and how/when they are taken.
- Suggestions on how the child can be physically active during gym and recess.