HealthNFitness Tips: As men age, it's common to develop an enlarged prostate, which can cause symptoms that include slowed urination, painful urination and a strong and sudden urge to urinate.Tips to manage mild symptoms of an enlarged prostate:
- Go to the bathroom often, and urinate as soon as you feel the need.
- Restrict caffeine and alcohol, particularly after dinner.
- Restrict fluids within two hours of bedtime, and spread out fluid intake throughout the day.
- Avoid over-the-counter medications that contain antihistamines or decongestants, which can worsen symptoms.
- Get regular exercise and try to stay warm.
- Limit stress when possible.