HealthNFitness Tips: A nasal spray can help many allergy sufferers find relief from symptoms, but it's important that the spray be used correctly.
The Implications, when using a nasalspray:
- It may take as long as two weeks before you notice the spray's full effect.
- At least once per week, wash the canister that delivers the spray.
- Before you spray, sniff air into each nostril to allow the medication to go deep inside the nose.
- Aim the spray straight toward the back of your head.
- If used correctly, the spray shouldn't leak from your nose or down your throat.
- Stop using the spray for a few days if you have a nosebleed or feel pain in the nose.
- Use the medication as directed by your doctor, and store it out of direct sunlight.