Frequent exposure to loud noise can permanently injure your hearing.The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these Comments to help reduce your risk of hearing loss:
- Stay away from loud noise whenever feasible.
- Wear hearing guard such as ear plugs while at work at a noisy job.
- Use sound-absorbing things, such as rubber mats under noisy kitchen appliances.
- Always keep the volume down on the TV or radio.
- Stay away from using noise to drown out other noise, such as blasting the TV so it's louder than the vacuum cleaner.
- Get your hearing checked frequently.